Monday, March 21, 2011

I've moved!



It's been a long time since I updated (yes too long!). A lot has happened.

Firstly I packed up my house and moved to Mildura. Initially into Mum's house, then I helped her pack up the house and move into a lifestyle village for over 55's. I moved with her until she gets settled and I find somewhere to live (I am not old enough to qualify to live there, that feels so good to be too young to do something!).
I have finally found somewhere to live and work from, or at least I thought I did but there seems to be a few complications in regards to me residing there as well as working. So I may be moving three doors up before I have even really moved in!
It has been great to unpack a few of my things, it has been 6 months since I have seen a lot of that stuff, it's almost like going shopping without spending anything!!
I have done up two of the walls in the house, I put paper mache on two walls, much cheaper than paint and more fun not to mention I did 2 walls for around $20.00, bargain!!
I know it is a shame to have done that and then potentially move but at least it was fun and I have the photos.
I am working a few days a weeks at Endota Spa and am trying to build up my private and workplace massage clients. Once I have finally settled in It will be easier with an address.
I did do the Mildura City Markets, I think most people thought I was selling the chairs because they hadn't seen a massage chair before and weren't quite sure what it was for, after I paid $10 for a chair for me to sit on, $7 for tape to stick up my banners and the cost of the stall I ended up making $15, fortunately the objective was to get exposure not make money and a lot of people grabbed my business card so hopefully they will start calling.
I have a gazebo for next time and will be taking putting up pictures of people being massaged on the chair so people understand, also the gazebo will offer a bit of privacy rather than sitting in the middle of the footpath.
The next one is next Sunday so hopefully it will be better, I will also have pamphlets to hand out which is more informative to hand out that a business card.
I found that Mum was a good side kick to have with me as she can appeal to the older market and tell them how wonderful massage is for her all this time we thought it was Dad who had the gift of the gab! Maybe he is coaching her from beyond.
I am working at an op shop every Tuesday which is fun and I am managing not to walk home with bags of stuff now, last time I worked I bought a lounge which is more useful than clothing!!
All the crafters would love it we have heaps of wool, needles, patterns and knitting bags. They will be going out to the floor soon, as it is getting to that weather again, away go the outdoor playing stuff and fun in the sun item and out come the indoor pursuit goods.
I find out tomorrow about my new residence so better go so I can be bright eyed and bushytailed tomorrow!!
I've included a few photos of before and partway through. Even though it may not be where I( end up living it has been fun.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you after a while. Relating to massage thing, Massage chairs are best to have massage at home.
    Massage Chairs

    ReplyDelete